Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights

Welcome to the official forum of The Final Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What would you do if you were a vampire?

Go down 
+5
ThePhilosopher
SoniMax
z.o.o.
Zer0morph
SpellForcer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SpellForcer
Fledgling
Fledgling
SpellForcer

What would you do if you were a vampire? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm curious if you would side with you inner beast or become a superman with pale face and bloodred cape. Everything is possible.

At first I would select a remote village in Alaska, Groenland or Finland. Then I would enslave the entire population and create my own small kingdom. What can I say? Power corrupts and even if the curch, the sabbat or the camarilla would find me, at least I had my fun.

edit: have my un-life extended

Last edited by SpellForcer on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Not me, first I'd need money to live so I'd probably start looking for a way to rob a bank using my vampiric abilities. After I accumulated some cash I would move to another city far away, but still in America (because it's familiar).

I would probably rent an apartment downtown in a city somewhere near alot of nightclubs, after all my dinner would be close. I would hunt and stalk the clubs looking for victims even though I'm not really victimizing them because I wouldn't kill them. If I could, I would feed on them in the club to avoid taking them back to my apartment, or I would try to get them to invite me back to their place. After I had a meal or 2, I would retire for the night, to wake up and do it again the next.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Well, seeing as how the kine don't how to quit committing genocide or making war with each other, I'd never go hungry. All the bullets and bombs they set against each other would provide a steady and imcomparably reliable stream of blood and death from which I could sup, and all without ever having to bear my fangs.

Be they aggressor or refugee, entire cities of men would be emptied of their own accord. In their recent abandonment, the forlorn buildings would lend themselves to the needs of a pretenatural squatter, such as myself, and I would instantly become a Prince in my own right. But, I don't want that kind of notoriety, so instead I would emulate the way of the Coptic Catholic hermits. They spend lifetimes carving by hand, exquisite, architecturally sound, inscrutably enormous cathedrals from solid rock. Even as kindred, I am in awe of, and beset with wonder at the strength of their resolve.

After having my fill of war's detritus in the present time, I would carve a mansion for myself by hand from out of a mountain, or from the deepest precipice of a canyon or cave.
Back to top Go down
SoniMax
Neonate
Neonate
SoniMax

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 pm

i would play video games for eternity and go feed from time to time Very Happy
or watch you sleep Sleep Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Neonate
Neonate
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:23 pm

I'd sink myself studying thaumaturgy and/or vicissitude. I'd plot to command both the sabbat and camarilla and unite them against the antidiluvians and defeat them when gehenna comes. I'd diablerize my way to the 3th generation, maybe request caine to embrace some human so i can diablerize him and become 2nd generation. If i find caine, that is xD
Back to top Go down
SoniMax
Neonate
Neonate
SoniMax

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I'd sink myself studying thaumaturgy and/or vicissitude. I'd plot to command both the sabbat and camarilla and unite them against the antidiluvians and defeat them when gehenna comes. I'd diablerize my way to the 3th generation, maybe request caine to embrace some human so i can diablerize him and become 2nd generation. If i find caine, that is xD
Boooring Sleep Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:25 pm

I'd do what Beckett does, but with more sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:23 am

rid the world of the curse named Justin Bieber Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Lazarus wrote:
You could turn him into your Ghoul and make him stop singing.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Neonate
Neonate
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
You could turn him into your Ghoul and make him stop singing.

Killing is more fun
Back to top Go down
Severin Mutilare
Fledgling
Fledgling
Severin Mutilare

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Hm, what I would do if I were a vampire? Well, that's a tough one. I'd probably study the occult (even though I still do on occasion as a human), feed on some people, become a sort of undead bogeyman roaming the streets, keeping his killings a secret, and spread the gospel of Caine. I don't think I'd be Sabbat, though. Just a worshiper of Caine who prefers to keep the Masquerade intact. Or maybe a Sabbat member who supports the Masquerade. I'd be organized, be sure I kill only non-innocents, and dispose of their bodies so that it will look like it was just the work of a human or so that the bodies would not be found at all. But I may kill SOME innocents. Just some.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:30 pm

I would have a hard time killing anyone....ever

Self defense yes, but not as the agressor... which is usually how I play my characters in Bloodlines too.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Zer0morph wrote:
I would have a hard time killing anyone....ever

Self defense yes, but not as the agressor... which is usually how I play my characters in Bloodlines too.
Those don't sound like the words of a katana-wielding Ventrue.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 am

Childe of Munster wrote:

Those don't sound like the words of a katana-wielding Ventrue.

I meant in real life, though my Katana-wielding Ventrue was a pretty nice guy as long as you were innocent. I plan on creating text lines for those like me, who want to play the game in this way... avoiding killing innocents. There were really never enough lines for the "good guys" or the super "evil" characters either, time to change that.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:42 am

Zer0, remember, there are only 4 answer lines possible at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0, remember, there are only 4 answer lines possible at the same time.
From a player's point of view, often dialogue choices seem to be "choices 1-3 are pretty much re-worded versions of the same response" and "4 is something entirely different."

Edit: To be more concrete, to me it often seems the choices are along these lines (I'm exaggerating):

1. I like you OK.
2. You're a swell bloke.
3. We seem to get along well.
4. Get out of my face, asshole.

Of course, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes programatically.

I'd think there would be ample opportunities for:

1. I rather like you.
2. You're not so bad.
3. I'm sorry, are you talking to me?
4. Get out of my face, asshole.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:23 pm

That's interesting how you set that up, a nice little template to follow. I may set something like this up and try to follow it as best as I can. I did want more unique (clan specific) lines in the game too, but that shouldn't fill more than 4 choices if done properly.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 pm

Zer0morph wrote:
That's interesting how you set that up, a nice little template to follow. I may set something like this up and try to follow it as best as I can. I did want more unique (clan specific) lines in the game too, but that shouldn't fill more than 4 choices if done properly.
I guess another way to put from my perspective is that it seems the vanilla version of the game often gives options for multiple responses just so we'll feel like we're being given a choice. But to reiterate, maybe it just looks that way and, like with the Nosferatu, there's more going on behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Zer0morph wrote:

You can have as many lines as fit into the file. As long as no player can have more than 4 lines at any given time.
So clan specific lines are no problem. And if they don't lead to different responses, or global variables set, you don't even need specific lines.

It seems even many of the more "senior" modders don't really know how the .dlg files work:

{line#}{male text}{female text}{next line}{condition(and npc disposition}{action}{Brujah}{Gangrel}{Nos}{Toreador}{Tremere}{Ventrue}{Malk}

Malks were taken out of the usual order, because they get a lot of special text without special references.
So if you want to have members of a certain clan to answer in a slghtly different way without triggering a different response, you don't even need another line.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
It seems even many of the more "senior" modders don't really know how the .dlg files work:
That doesn't surprise me. I'm sure a lot of modders just sort of flail around without bothering to read what's available out there.

Quote :
So if you want to have members of a certain clan to answer in a slghtly different way without triggering a different response, you don't even need another line.
A modder can do pretty much whatever he or she wants with different dialogue choices setting different variables. Dialogue choices are where the RP action is in a game like VtMB. As a modder and tester, you know better than most that the more complex you make the dialogues, the more chances there are to break something and the more testing is required to make sure it works. Just imagine the sea of "elseifs."
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Munster, do me a favor, and don't talk about elsifs. Especially not where the bloody Reptile (Python) is involved. I hate it when one missing <space> in the indenting causes the whole thing not to compile. affraid

At least in Vampire, there are less modders than in games like Oblivion, and most of them know what they are doing Wink

Well, I learned a lot of what I do know by trial and error as well. But I didn't go public, before I knew a thing or two. And even then only because I took resposibility for CE from Zer0 after the release of 1.2.

And I have to say, Dheu's manual is a great work. But it's more use as a reference manual for the experienced modder than a tutorial for the beginner.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:17 pm

I would agree about Dheu's manual, when I started getting my feet wet on modding bloodlines I read part of his manual. I was so confused that I said no thanks, even today some of it still doesn't make sense to me. But now that I know a thing or three, alot more of it makes alot of sense and I refere to it for specific points now and again, especially for importing/exporting Blender models.

I will admit that I didn't understand that all the blank spaces were for the different clan dialogue lines, until Childe explained it to me. And even though I know how it works now, it's still nice to see him type it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you were a vampire?   What would you do if you were a vampire? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1