Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights

Welcome to the official forum of The Final Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inventory Limit

Go down 
+6
SoniMax
YamiRaziel
PhilK1988
Zer0morph
Childe of Malkav
Tonyt Street Punk
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonyt Street Punk
Neonate
Neonate

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:20 pm

I was wondering if that can be done... you could limit the inventory space... it would be good... cause actually you can walk in the streets with an hammer, axe, a few blades etc... and I was wondering where you put that? in your pocket? hahaha that an idea... limiting the inventory space...
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile?uid=8937156643453181352
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:59 pm

I totally agree with you on that. I know there are some limits, you can carry up to 7 guns, and I think there is a limit for other items as well. That's the reason wesp made the webcams stackable, so you don't drop some of them if your inventory is full when you get them from Imalia and fail the quest if you don't see it. But basically you are right. Your character can carry way to much items around. Only I don't know how it's implemented, so I don't know how to change it.
Back to top Go down
Tonyt Street Punk
Neonate
Neonate

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: As you said...   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:29 pm

there's an limit of seven guns... if you find the file that aplly this limitation, just turn it to the new value ( I guess) but there's must be a way...
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:34 pm

If this could be done I would definately be interested in adding it to TFN!
Back to top Go down
https://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
PhilK1988
Fledgling
Fledgling
PhilK1988

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Seems like I'm the only one who likes that the character can carry around much stuff.

It would be great if you could implement it as an optional feature. I'm already annoyed when I have to carry around ten thousand bags in RL, I don't need it in a computer game as well Laughing
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:38 pm

This topic is quite... subjective.
On one hand carrying like 1 pistol, 1 melee weapon and 1 automatic gun will be more realistic.
On the other hand it may be quite annoying for the player.

If it's possible I guess this should be optional feature in the installer:
Optional Features
* realistic bags
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:07 pm

The carrying limit could also be based on strength in some way, more strength equals more items and weapons carried. It's an idea...
Back to top Go down
SoniMax
Neonate
Neonate
SoniMax

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:53 am

A verry good idea indeed, more melee points more melee weapons, and the same for guns, but for a start at least 3 slots for all weapons.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 8:17 am

I'm still not sure how to incorporate this idea though.. hmmm thoughts...
Back to top Go down
Tonyt Street Punk
Neonate
Neonate

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: It would be more realistic   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:48 pm

if you can carry up to 1 melee + 2 fire guns... strenght don't means you can carry more, because you'll have only 1 at hand, and you will carry the remaining where? an fireaxe and a shotgun in my pants pocket hehehe the inventory limit should be applied to the armors as well... as it could be done to normal things... like blood packs, ocult itens etc...
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 am

I wholeheartedly agree, it has always annoyed me how a half-naked Nosferatu can carry two shotguns, a sledgehammer, a bush hook, a baseball bat and a Steyer machine gun... I mean... c'mon! Not even the Terminator can carry that many weapons at once!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Yes, and you can't even see all those weapons, if they are not equipped.
How is it done? The shotguns in the socks, and the sledgehammer up the pants Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:50 pm

There isn't enough room for the sledgehammer in my pants, the space is already occupied by my... um... tire iron.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Does your "Tire iron" have that funky bend at the end? LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Rolling Eyes have you been spying on me? How do you know?

That's supposed to be a topic about inventory limit, not about what's on stock in my inventory... So stick to the topic... lol.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 am

ROFL Scarecrow! lol!
Back to top Go down
SpellForcer
Fledgling
Fledgling
SpellForcer

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:55 am

Hey, didn't Wesp stack these cams?
If so, couldn't we're also stack weapons like ammo?

This would give us new ways to make money^^
What do you think guys?

edit: hm, that wasn't really topic theme. Ah well, here we go: 15 katanas under the jacket
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:18 pm

It's such a shame that people can't add new graphics and models to the game... It would have been so easy to make a large sack or bag or something hanging from the guy's shoulder that expands your inventory capacity shall you purchase it. Also, wouldn't it be nice to actually SEE the weapons you're carrying? I can almost picture a Malkavian running around with a sledgehammer on his back and a colt anaconda on his waist... Yum.

EDIT: What do I care, my fave is Gangrel anyway... I always sell all the weapons I find. Claws and fangs, baby, that's all I need... Oh... and victims... Dozen at a time, preferably.

Zer0morph, you should probably upload my Gangrel song in the downloads section... lol.

SECOND EDIT: Troika Games sollten nicht pleite gehen... So 'nen Scheiss. Sad
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:31 pm

You really want to discuss the limits of your inventory??? Twisted Evil

Edit: Well I don't use many weapons, too. But without claws, I prefer having a knife or sword around for melee. And of course for the endgame the Steyr to mashingun Ming Xiao.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:59 am

totally agree with this posts, you should be able to carrie only 2 handguns, like uzi and deagle, plus 1 assault rifle , and 1 sword or knife ...Very Happy
good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:57 pm

From a realism standpoint, I think if you ran around the city with a katana on your back, and a Glock on your hip, you'd attract a lot of attention.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:04 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
From a realism standpoint, I think if you ran around the city with a katana on your back, and a Glock on your hip, you'd attract a lot of attention.

heh Very Happy what are pockets for Very Happy like the Old Road Runner cartoons ..coyote with a rocket launcher it hes pocket Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Lazarus wrote:
heh Very Happy what are pockets for Very Happy like the Old Road Runner cartoons ..coyote with a rocket launcher it hes pocket Very Happy
I guess it is time for the Chocula Clan indeed.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:12 pm

If there was a way to limit inventory I would be all for incorporating it into TFN!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Zer0morph wrote:
If there was a way to limit inventory I would be all for incorporating it into TFN!
It would certainly help move the game away from FPS and towards RP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inventory Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inventory Limit   Inventory Limit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inventory Limit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights :: Forum :: Post Your Ideas (Locked)-
Jump to: