Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights

Welcome to the official forum of The Final Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character models

Go down 
+3
Childe of Malkav
Zer0morph
YamiRaziel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:15 am

Zer0 are you planning on changing the plyaer models with new ones.
And second off topic question, how many peeople are in your developing team?
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm

No, unfortunately the NPC models don't animate properly in the character screen, and many NPC models can't attack or use weapons properly either so I'm restricted to using the old PC models.

We are however reskinning every PC model reflecting the new clans that they are. Such as the Tremere models will be reskinned to be Baali, and the Toreador models will be reskinned to be the Ishtarri clan. I've begun reskinning the Brujah sets to be the Osebo clan and they look wicked as hell!

Well the development team is just me technically, but I have been getting assistance from Shacar from Germany on reskinning the Baali models. A new guy named Sthein from PlanetVampire may be reskinning the Ishtarri for us but other than that, it's just me Smile Oh also I've been talking to Childe of Malkav from CE and looks like he and I may be doing some expansive Society of Leopold Quests just for TFN so we will see how that goes, right now he's busy with CE 1.3. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:01 pm

How is the player than able to play with NPC's like Jeanette, Yukie, Damsel, VV, Tung and many more in the companion mod?

- Have you tested the companion mod Zer0? I'm doing it now and it's fun (and easy).
I realised that I don't really like playing with 3 characters but the new dialoges and features Dheu has made, definitely made the play worthy.
I think you should give it a try. It may give you tons of new ideas.

The only thing that really bugs me is how everyone still treat me like a newbie.
I'm playing a Tremere with 8 skill on arms, 5 thaumaturgy, 4 dominate
Damsel who has celerity 3, 6 unarmed skill and 4 potence
Therese who has 4 dementation , obfuscate 4 and 5 melee skill
... and I definetely feel like a GOD.

-----

-Zer0 are you going to build TFN on the latest UP patch + Camarilla Edition and do you plan to update Camarilla Edition with the latest UP?
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Well I could choose new models for the PCs, like Jeanette, VV, etc... but they won't move in the character sheet, they will be frozen in place. Plus I would only have 1 model to work with, you can only skin the same model a certain number of times before the player goes "Hey, this douche bag just keeps recycling the same model over and over again", it gets lame using 1 model 4 different ways.

As far as the UPs go, I will take a look at the BASIC fixes from 6.6 and up to see what Wesp fixed, and if it was even broken in CE 1.2. Anything thats a true fix I will grab and use it in TFN, but I won't be building the entire TFN on the latest UPs blindly. Wesp's patches are really his own mod at this point so if his ideas don't fit in my game, I won't use them.

So to answer your question, No I won't be building TFN on UP 6.9, I will be building TFN on CE 1.2. Smile
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:21 am

That sounds great. How is the work going on?
I've always wondered

Bartering System
More to come on this...

what's that?

Hunters
- Society of Leopold Hunters are much tougher, with better weapons, tactics, and the use of Numina
- Masquerade Violation Level 1 summons hunters
- Female and Average hunters have been reskinned

What exactly is the current state of Numina and what have you planned for it? Do you think it is possible to change something there?
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:33 am

As I watched the Antitribu's newest video today a question occured to me. Does the enemies at vanilla, UP or CE cast disciplines or any sort of spells?
If not is it possible to make them cast ?
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Question 1. The work is coming along great now! I got my internet back so things are moving along nicely. Recently I removed True Brujah from the lineup and switched everything over for the Assamite clan so thats done. The next thing I have done was redesigned Valeren (which was almost done) into Obeah instead, and I'm about 98% complete, in fact I plan on finishing that today and releasing the pictures. Also I made the opening scenes to the game fit for TFN meaning I got rid of all the PCs models in the audience and replaced them with unique NPCs like Beckett, Gary, Imalia, etc... and made the Ventrue stakers brand new NPC Ventrue thugs. No longer will you see PC models used for stakers.

Question 2. One issue that needed to be addressed in CE 1.2 was how bartering worked and the lack of importance for Haggle. So far Haggle has been the most worthless Feat so I aim to change that. Alot of people complained about Seduction, Intimidation, Inspection, and Haggle being worthless Feats so I want to change all of that, Haggle being at the top of the list. My plan is to make Haggle viable again by making the pricing curve much steeper, meaning those with a low Haggle will pay outrageous prices for goods and those with a high Haggle will get goods pretty cheap, which will especially be good for those who need alot of ammo and blood bags.

The second part to this is, I want to remove ALL tomes of knowledge from the game and make them items to purchase instead of items to find. Once you know where these tomes are players tend to go to those places specifically for the stat increase, which isn't very RPGish. By having to purchase these tomes once again Haggle plays another role in the game making it more viable to increase.

Question 3. Numina was never really used in Bloodlines, it looks like Troika intended to use it but Bach, and the Level 4 Masquerade Violation Elite Hunter were the only ones who ever used it. Now, hunters not only use Numina but actually have their own visual effects like a Kindred Passive Discipline does. Also certain disciplines will have their own innate weaknesses, for instance Daimoinon's weakness is against the faithful, the discipline is either weakened or doesn't work at all against men of faith, such as Society members.

Question 4. As far as I know, Vanilla, UP, or CE never had an NPC who casted spells or used targetable disciplines. This is something new that Antitribu starting doing, which is very cool by the way. Is it possible to make them cast? Sure, I guess so, if they did it then it can be done, I personally don't know how to do it and I know they aren't going to tell me either Sad

It is something I can look into if TFN permits it, just depends if I need a NPC who can cast or not.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Zer0,

about your answer to question one: I don't know, if it's a good idea to have Beckett in the audience. First I don't think he is interested in this kind of gatherings. And second, if he had attended, Gary would have seen him. And if Gary saw him, Bertram would know, and not be astonished when the pc tells him after the warehouse.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Doesn't your character meet Bertram the same night of the theater? If so, then Gary would have had to travel to Santa Monica, or call Gary in time before your character meets him. I don't think it's a big deal but if it bothers alot of people I can remove him, no biggie.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Enemies that cast targetable disciplines or spells... that's quite cool. I think bloodlines needs a feature like that... even the vanilla version. If you manage to find out how to do it it will change the game a lot. Fighting vampire won't be as simple as it is atm.
Btw I'm a bit curious.... are the enemies at least casting passive disciplines?

Do you think that the enemies should frenzy.
I found this interesting mod:
NPC Frenzy mod

Edit: What do you think about the models that Raneth gave you links to in PV? Do you think that using models like these will be... appropriate?
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Question 1. I agree, it's very cool when enemies cast targetable disciplines. I will see what I can do for this, right now the only enemies that cast anything are the Tzimisce guys with their slime, and I think Ming Xiao flings something at you too.

Right now enemies are casting passive disciplines, like Bishop Vick and Celerity, or Brother Kanker and Potence for example.

Question 2. Frenzying NPC could be cool if the PC could use Animalism to draw out the beast. Otherwise I don't know if the time invested would be worth the effect, I'm sure it could be done but again it's Time vs. Benefit.

Question 3. I appreciate Raneth's support, he made the same post for the Antitribu thread too. I doubt I will use many if any of the skins posted, simply because the skins aren't realistically gothic or done in a way that fits the overall TFN theme. I was able to get some ideas from what some of the pictures showed though so I do think the links will be helpful.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:52 am

Thank you for the fast replies Zer0.
I think that if we manage to make all enemy vampires use passive and active disciplines... the game will need a lot more strategy and it will be a lot funnier.

About the frenzy I do think that it's going to be good. It is quite RPGish that when a vampire gets on low health & blood he goes frenzy (and get the + stats) and start behaving like a wild animal.
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:44 am

I've always wondered whether it would be possible to duplicate existing PC models, give them a makeover and use them for your additional clans? That way they would all look slightly different than the original 7 in the vanilla game?
Back to top Go down
Tonyt Street Punk
Neonate
Neonate

Character models Empty
PostSubject: It would be cool if...   Character models I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 pm

It would be cool if you guys make a few re-skinning for the same model, like 3 or 4, and the player have the option to choose between them... so it would create an small option of clothes, skins for the same clan...
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile?uid=8937156643453181352
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:21 am

Thats a possibility, what we would have to do is make an alternate skin pack of the same models. We're actually reskinning the original PC models for the new characters, doing that again would have to be that alternate skin pack idea.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Only problem is : the player would have to install the new skin, as with a downloadable skin pack. But that's no real problem, if it's done right. You could even use different models for the same clan, if it's done this way.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Thats what I was thinking Childe, as long as the models were the same we could make an self installer skin pack thats compatible with TFN. It would be as easy as reskinning the PC skins again, and changing the armor icons, packaging them to install to the proper TFN locations, and boom, there you go, alternate skins on top of the alternate we already provided.

Just know that we are already reskinning all of the PC skins, so doing this would involve a 2nd alternate skinning.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:38 am

I am not sure, but making totally new player models is very difficult...cuz they lack the animations ...how you guys mod this game is nothing less than a mystery to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
ThePhilosopher
Neonate
Neonate
ThePhilosopher

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 am

It's not totally new. It's reskin.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:54 pm

I played some mod one time , can 't remeber , it may have been Pen and Paper clans mod , I downloaded a skin back for it ...and there was Dennis..remeber that guy from the Beach House , he was default model for Setite Male Smile)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
Sponsored content

Character models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character models   Character models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character models
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights :: Forum :: Ask a Question (Locked)-
Jump to: