Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights

Welcome to the official forum of The Final Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Comments

Go down 
+6
Hempel
YamiRaziel
Childe of Malkav
PhilK1988
Zer0morph
Kakodrilo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:37 am

Zer0morph wrote:
HAHA nice, what floating sigil is this that you speak of? scratch

Didn't you know Wraiths love coffee??? geek

Heh-heh-heh, the one above the Gangrel's head during the use of the Quietus disciplines.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 am

Oh the blood drop! HAHA I never thought of that before. I actually got the blood graphic from the American Red Cross, LOL.

Maybe I should make coffee a clan weakness for Assamites, LOL.
Back to top Go down
https://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Still open for suggestions?   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 am

I thought a sensible name for the Heart would be "Immortal Heart".
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:45 am

Scarecrow, your avatar picture is awesome, what is that a picture of?

Immortal Heart? You mean for the heart name for the Tier 5 power in Serpentis? Ya know we had some debate about that on Planet Vampire about a month and a half ago and originally it was called "Beating Heart", then someone said you know Vampire hearts don't beat. I was like crap... so then everyone pitched in their comments and so people said "Your Heart" would be good, others said "Setite Heart" would be better.

I then settled for "Heart of Darkness", the same name as the discipline and left it at that. I guess I could change but then it would be different for the video, then again the screenshots are different still. I'll see what I can do but I may just leave it, I'm tired of changing the name of that silly heart lol.
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:49 am

Hehe, it was just a suggestion, Heart of Darkness is good too, I just thought I would give you one more option for those lonely nights Razz.

As for my avatar... I just googled "vampire" and scrolled about until I found a picture I liked, then I edited it to get the 150x200 pixels rate allowed... I haven't paid attention to where I got it from, actually...

If this de-mystification of my avatar leaves you disappointed, you could close your eyes and pretend it's a Frenzied Brujah Smile

Last edited by Scarecrow on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:53 am

HAHA! I'm pretty familiar with lonely nights, lol.

Naa, I'm still mistified by your avatar, but he actually looks like a pissed off raging Setite to me. The bald + goatee with wicked teeth and serpent eyes do it for me, though I'm partial to Setites. The whole shapechanging + pulling out your heart thing gives me funny feelings in the right places, LOL. And they can mez and trance as well as any Ventrue, at least in TFN they will.

Speaking of, I can't wait to setup the Mez effects in dialogue for the Setites, thats gonna be so sweet.
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:58 am

A pissed off Setite, you say?

I'm just a normal guy with a cool goatee thing going, and the chicks just DIG my new denim jacket... And one night I wake up all pale, and some asshole tells me that from now on the most awesome thing I can do for all eternity is rip out my own heart and put it in my pocket... I'd be pissed off too...
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Zer0 are you planning on looking into the NPC casting spells thing, soon Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm

It's on the list of things to do bud! Smile
Back to top Go down
SpellForcer
Fledgling
Fledgling
SpellForcer

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Zer0morph wrote:
The third eye will probably be the bane of this discipline, I've tried every which way to incorporate a glowing blue ember or eye particle near the characters forehead without success. The closed eye will be part of the PC skin so that will always be there, but for now, until I can figure out a way to make a non-cheesy glowing aura that sticks to the forehead, we will be third eye-less.

I will see what I can do.

Couldn't you just use an effect attachement like auspex? I mean the red glowing arround the head. It doesn't have to be completly realistic.

How about a new screenshot Zero? The more the merrier.^^

I see you have updates the new clans. Great Artwork!

EDIT: Is it technically possible to deny Salubri unwilling feeding on mortal? If yes that would be awesome^^ cheers
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Well if the particle hovers directly above the head and remains 0 for x,y,z axis then yes we could do that. The problem is as soon as you extend the particle off the 0 axis it begins to swing around the head as you rotate your character. So let's say you're facing north and the eye is glowing and hovering right off your forehead, as soon as you turn your character the eye will remain facing north while you are not, so if you are faving south the eye glows at the back of your head.

It looks stupid obviously, lol.

Thanks for the comments on the artwork, I found clan icons, recolored them in photoshop and the fonts, then posted the information straight from the cladoc.txt file I made back in March. Took 3 days to get the artwork down just right. Smile

I'm not sure what you mean on the Salubri feeding question. Are you asking if from a technical standpoint can we make it so Salubri don't suffer the blood penalty while feeding on the unwilling? If so, then ya, I had to go out of my way to make that a penalty, removing it would be even easier.
Back to top Go down
SpellForcer
Fledgling
Fledgling
SpellForcer

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:22 am

Thanks for reply. Do you ever sleep? Wait a moment ... Vampire forum ..ah, ok Very Happy

That's a bummer that these attachements are so annoying and unreliable. I don't know Phyton (I'm just 2cnd semester computer science und must handle 'crap' like Java,C++ and Haskell Wink ) so I don't know to implement such things. Checking for position of PC and adjusting the symbol isn't possible, isn't it. What about the effects over the head like 'Baal's Caress' or 'Infection'? Are they also static?

About Salubri: No, I did mean, that as Salubri you just can't stand behind somesone, press 'F' and dry him out. I guess that's also technical impossible -.-

I will think of new nearly (or definitley) impossible implementable features. ^^
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:56 am

Naa I don't sleep, and if I do I sleep, I make sure to keep one eye open, lol.

Well the particle system doesn't have anything to do with python, it's based soley on the particle system in their version of Source. It's pretty confusing when working with Bloodlines particles at first, and though I'm still no master at it, I have learned a thing or 2 about it since making CE's and TFN's new disciplines. I could, as you said earlier, just make a generic glowing blue particle over the head of the player similiar to Auspex aura, however it would have to be large enough to extend past the face and would make the character look like his head is a lightbulb.

It could work though...

As a Salubri, you can still stand behind someone, press "F", and dry them out, however that is considered taking blood unwillingly from the victim so you won't get as much blood from them as a normal Kindred would. Let's say you want to drain a bum that has 5 blood points. Well normally you would get 5 blood points from him with any other clan, but with Salubri you may only get 3 blood points.

Stamina is something Salubri will want to look at early on so they can make their bloodtimer last longer per tick, so they don't need to feed as often. But that makes sense anyways being that Salubri are a defensive clan by nature, they don't pack the punch that other Kindred do, but their a bitch to kill with their Obeah healing. They just heal too damn fast and have very high soak feats.
Back to top Go down
SpellForcer
Fledgling
Fledgling
SpellForcer

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Zer0morph wrote:
It could work though ...

I'm sure you will blowing our minds with some amazing solutions Wink

Zer0morph wrote:
Well normally you would get 5 blood points from him with any other clan, but with Salubri you may only get 3 blood points.

So it's like Nosferatu-Rat-Feeding, only reverse? Sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:32 pm

I hope so, though it's not something I plan on addressing until some other things get done first. Busy Busy Busy trying to meet our late summer/fall deadline.

Ya pretty much like Nossie rat feeding, but reverse. I haven't figured out how to turn it off in the case of seduction feeding, because that technically is not forced on an unwilling victim, but most feeding is forced anyways so it's probably not much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Neonate
Neonate
ThePhilosopher

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 pm

Yo, just coming here to congratulate you guys on a job well done, keep it up cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments   Comments - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comments
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights :: Forum :: Ask a Question (Locked)-
Jump to: