Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights

Welcome to the official forum of The Final Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dicipline stat Increases

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

Dicipline stat Increases Empty
PostSubject: Dicipline stat Increases   Dicipline stat Increases I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 am

Is it possible for example:
Let's say you play as Nosferatu and Berthram or Gary will give you a side quest and if you finish it you get obfuscate stat increase from them for example, at the end of the game, so you won't be OP or smth
sames goes with Isaac ( Toreador), Nines and Jeanette(Therese), Strauss
Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Dicipline stat Increases   Dicipline stat Increases I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:28 pm

From a technical stand point this is not only doable but pretty easy in fact. The only thing you must consider is "why" we would do this and just how "balanced" would it be.

If you can justify those 2 questions, then I'm all for an idea like this.
Back to top Go down
https://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Dicipline stat Increases   Dicipline stat Increases I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 pm

Zer0morph wrote:
From a technical stand point this is not only doable but pretty easy in fact. The only thing you must consider is "why" we would do this and just how "balanced" would it be.

Maybe Lazarus is thinking as a substitute for what Gangrel can get from Beckett. If so, then to make it balanced, I'd think you'd want to disable the Becket reward if the character already got a Clan-specific reward from another NPC.

As to "why," the only answer I can come up with is "Can the character theoretically impress his or her 'mentor' to the same degree a Gangrel can theoretically impress Beckett?" I'm not sure it works from a storyline viewpoint. None of those other characters seem as sympathetic to fellow Clan members as Beckett does to Kindred in general and by extension Gangrel in particular. Nines is distracted by his passion for social justice, Tourette is a nut-case, Issac is mostly concerned with himself and Strauss and LaCroix are arrogant, aloof and condescending. I mean, Jeannette may be willing to take a roll in the hay with anyone, but I doubt she cares what happens to them afterward, even if he or she is Malkavian. Other than Beckett, Tung makes the most sense as a "mentor."
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Dicipline stat Increases   Dicipline stat Increases I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:02 am

Zer0morph wrote:

yea ..why not one of the Elders or Anchillae take you under its wing..like when you are Brujah , you can get special quest from Jack or smth and in return he will teach you something..similar to the Clan Quest mod , but with diciplines Smile
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Dicipline stat Increases   Dicipline stat Increases I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 am

Childe of Munster wrote:
Zer0morph wrote:

Maybe Lazarus is thinking as a substitute for what Gangrel can get from Beckett. If so, then to make it balanced, I'd think you'd want to disable the Becket reward if the character already got a Clan-specific reward from another NPC.

As to "why," the only answer I can come up with is "Can the character theoretically impress his or her 'mentor' to the same degree a Gangrel can theoretically impress Beckett?" I'm not sure it works from a storyline viewpoint. None of those other characters seem as sympathetic to fellow Clan members as Beckett does to Kindred in general and by extension Gangrel in particular. Nines is distracted by his passion for social justice, Tourette is a nut-case, Issac is mostly concerned with himself and Strauss and LaCroix are arrogant, aloof and condescending. I mean, Jeannette may be willing to take a roll in the hay with anyone, but I doubt she cares what happens to them afterward, even if he or she is Malkavian. Other than Beckett, Tung makes the most sense as a "mentor."

you Sir have a Malkavian insight about what I was trying to prove with my post Very Happy

It's funny tho, how Berthram refers himself as an Elder tho he actually is basicly still an Neonate or Anchillae..
cuz Elders are normally over 500 years old
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Dicipline stat Increases   Dicipline stat Increases I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:30 pm

What do you expect in a country, where everything previous to the "Boston Tea Party" is considred "prehistoric?" farao

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Dicipline stat Increases   Dicipline stat Increases I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Lazarus wrote:
you Sir have a Malkavian insight about what I was trying to prove with my post Very Happy
I'm glad you didn't think I was trying to put words in your mouth. albino

Quote :
It's funny tho, how Berthram refers himself as an Elder tho he actually is basicly still an Neonate or Anchillae..
cuz Elders are normally over 500 years old
He is one of the more together characters, in my opinion. On my personal "favorites" list, I rate him #2 behind Beckett, and just ahead of Venus. He lacks Gary's ultra cynicism.

Childe of Malkav wrote:
What do you expect in a country, where everything previous to the "Boston Tea Party" is considred "prehistoric?" farao

- geek
You'll get a real kick out of this stretch of freeway in Southern California which was designated an historic landmark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dicipline stat Increases   Dicipline stat Increases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dicipline stat Increases
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights :: Forum :: Post Your Ideas (Locked)-
Jump to: