Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights

Welcome to the official forum of The Final Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not too complicated ideas... I hope

Go down 
+4
YamiRaziel
SoniMax
Zer0morph
Scarecrow
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 am

Glad to hear that TFN CAN be found on the web, lol. The advertising is paying off already, and now we have someone who can do some voice acting too! W00t W00t!
Back to top Go down
https://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Do it Scarecrow, do it! Your Bulgarian voice would be awesome in this game. And being that you hail from just south of Romania, the fabled homeland of that ultra famous vampire guy , you could easily cast aspersions on the mythos of Vlad III, the Impaler.

Your character could be a 534-year-old pimp who expertly appends his own history with that of the warlord, consequently scaring the unliving shit out of your fellow vampires, thus ensuring that your monopoly on the undead hooker business is sustained. The three wives are in fact, your best girls who are slightly younger than you in age, but not in appearance. They are still working.

--The player character walks in to a warehouse and encounters The Pimp who is flanked by huge boxes marked, "LOOFAH."--

"You'd think that after five hundred some-odd years of making cream pies, my girls wouldn't place such a premium on, uh, keeping a crust. Yeah, well, 'old habits die hard' I guess. Thank god for loofahs."
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:08 pm

z.o.o., your comment is... strange, to say the least. I hope you didn't intentionally mock me cuz I don't see how I would deserve it. Say, you didn't watch Van Helsing while getting high, have you?

In any case, I may be Bulgarian, but the vampires I would voice act have nothing to with that freaking rathole, thank you very much... lol.

EDIT: I re-read your comment after posting this. I don't know what you smoke, but I definitely want some... lol.

Your idea works, we can even add a quest to it: The Pimp contracts the player to get rid of a district attorney who wants to put the best girl's most... zealous client behind bars on charges of necrophilia.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:17 am

Scarecrow wrote:
z.o.o., your comment is... strange, to say the least. I hope you didn't intentionally mock me cuz I don't see how I would deserve it. Say, you didn't watch Van Helsing while getting high, have you?

In any case, I may be Bulgarian, but the vampires I would voice act have nothing to with that freaking rathole, thank you very much... lol.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Finally, someone understands this facet of my sense of humor. I anticipated the negative reaction, but hoped someone would get it regardless. And it was you, Scarecrow - the very facility by which I seeped this bit of adulterated nonsense into the world. I'm positively ebulient at the notion that you took this in jest. Thank you.

Scarecrow wrote:
EDIT: I re-read your comment after posting this. I don't know what you smoke, but I definitely want some... lol.

Your idea works, we can even add a quest to it: The Pimp contracts the player to get rid of a district attorney who wants to put the best girl's most... zealous client behind bars on charges of necrophilia.

Oh, I really like that idea, Scarecrow. Perfectly nuanced. So much so, that I feel like a bit of a gadfly right now.

Zer0morph, Scarecrow is more than worth his weight in feminine hygiene products. (insert emoticon here)

Smells like the retaliation of a jilted lover. This district attorney can't handle rejection worth a damn'. Jilted by whom, do you ask? The most zealous client or the undead working girl? Maybe both. This sort of stridenlty, non-parochial, humor invites such blatantly obvious predilections.

I'm thinking maybe The Pimp could be running his own bath and beauty franchise as a front for his illicit activities; killing two birds with one stone, so to speak, while making legitimate money in the process. Whaddayah think?

Last edited by z.o.o. on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:27 am

MY worth has never been measured in anything other than spare tractor parts, so I don't know whether I should take your remark as a compliment.

In any case, I agree with the beauty and cosmetics franchise idea. Not only can he hide behind a facade of legitimacy and public service like you suggested, but he could also advertise his best girls on the back of the bottle of lotion, in the fine print.

"This girl has been using our product for over 200 years now and she still looks 23. She does... other things like she's still 23 as well. Contact for test purposes: Creepazz Alley 23 (behind the warehouse), apt. 17c, ask for Mina."
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:05 am

Ha ha ha! I'd love to see that bottle of angry sobbing and tendonitis, Scarecrow. Please Zer0morph, bring it to fruition. I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist. Tampire Tampons, anyone? (It's a link, click it.)
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:29 am

Lol, Buddha show me the courage... That's um... I'm speechless, actually.

We can use Garry's model for the tampon, just reskin it slightly.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:21 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:
* Although these Shady Dealers you mentioned sound... intriguing, it disturbs me a little that the two of you are speaking of them just as some World of Warcraft vendors that have no personality at all.
One of the best things of Bloodlines is that the characters are alive. Their personalities are what makes them outstanding not the function they do. So it will be better to build their characters first and then decide what they are going to perform.

Ditto.

Last edited by z.o.o. on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Scarecrow wrote:
Ming is a beautiful young Chinese lady. Until the endgame fight, when she transforms into some sort of a giant slug. The contrast between Ming Xiao the lady and Ming Xiao the Slug is so striking, but not in the 'hey - now she revealed her true nature' sense, but more in the 'yup, the scriptwriter finally burned out' sense. I mean she's a shapeshifter that can easily assume the form of a bunch of things - including an actual person (Nines Rodriguez) to the last little detail... If you're a young lady with a beautiful and delicate complexion, and furthermore one that takes great care in her appearance - puts on make-up, sexy outfits, etc, and FURTHERMORE one that's a leader to her people - considering all of this, would you really shapeshift into a giant slug, creature not terrible or fascinating to behold, not functional, but utterly gross?

I don't think you would. I wouldn't. No lady would. If I was Ming Xiao and I had to choose what form to shapeshift into for the final battle, I'd choose something in the line of long legs, leather straps, butterfly wings... maybe demon horns, a 2nd pair of arms so that I can wield 2 pistols and 2 swords at the same time... You get the idea, right? If you're a creature of beauty and grace, plus you're expected to lead by example, transforming into something that looks like it just crawled out of someone's poop just doesn't seem right...

Now, I don't know if anything could be done with her "warform" skin, or if it could be removed at all so that she fights as her original self... It's just that I've been into fiction writing most of my life, and my very soul squirms when I behold the disgusting deformed and utterly ugly thing she transforms into. Mommyyyyyy Sad

But, Scarecrow, it's precisely because her true visage is so difficult to reconcile, that it works. Abandoning her slug model would only serve the demands of vanity, the ubiquitous coolness factor which is so prevalent as to be dismissed like leaves on trees.

Although, I must also concede to the notion that her ultimate form may have been the result of a quick fix from a dying production company, I still consider her slug model to be one of life's many happy accidents born in the best possible way. Born of adversity.
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate
Scarecrow

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:52 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
But, Scarecrow, it's precisely because her true visage is so difficult to reconcile, that it works. Abandoning her slug model would only serve the demands of vanity, the ubiquitous coolness factor which is so prevalent as to be dismissed like leaves on trees.

Although, I must also concede to the notion that her ultimate form may have been the result of a quick fix from a dying production company, I still consider her slug model to be one of life's many happy accidents born in the best possible way. Born of adversity.

Adversity only does us well when we need it. If you call the difference between a beautiful young lady and a giant tapeworm 'adversity', then - quote Nines - I've got your adversity right here... Evil or Very Mad

Besides, brushing aside the frail and preposterous veil of religious prejudice, vanity is there for a reason, and serving it's demands is only to be banned if you prefer the vague promise of a future retreat for your righteous soul to the material world. I do not.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:07 pm

This entire thread gives me funny feelings in my tummy. Basketball

edit: and ZOO, you need an avatar picture. pig
Back to top Go down
https://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Scarecrow wrote:
Ming is a beautiful young Chinese lady. Until the endgame fight, when she transforms into some sort of a giant slug. The contrast between Ming Xiao the lady and Ming Xiao the Slug is so striking, but not in the 'hey - now she revealed her true nature' sense, but more in the 'yup, the scriptwriter finally burned out' sense.

"...but more in 'yup, the scriptwriter finally burned out' sense."

I wrote:

I agree with your scriptwriter conjecture. I was making the further implication that the scripwriter's burnout was a consequence of the sudden death of Troika Games during development of VtMB, and because of this adversity, (the sudden death of Troika Games) Ming Xiao became a slug of limited motility. She became a creature that is difficult to reconcile with her original beauty. Maybe or maybe not intentionally becoming the epitome for the crux of the entire game.

Hee-hee-hee-heee. If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you have need of an avatar, but find none, do we not belong? Heh-heh-heh.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:30 am

Just to chime in on the Ming Xiao thing, I've always assumed Jabba the Slut was her true form.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Neonate
Neonate
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:18 am

Well i see no reason whatsoever to change the last model of Ming Xiao. Sure, she's not pretty as a slug, but she's not wanting to win any beauty prize at that moment, is she? Just kill that fugly thing and get the key.

Her transforming into the slug monster matches with the news reporter at the beggining of the game, also it makes all the statements about the Kuei-Jin beign monsters and demons true.

Let's think this way. You have a key you must protect at all costs. All of your minios have been killed, and the killer stands right in front of you. Would you fight him with a sword or a gun just to look sexy or lady-like, or you would use a transformation into a killing machine, who is far more powerful and strong than your normal form, but it isn't sexy nor beautiful?
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:43 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Well i see no reason whatsoever to change the last model of Ming Xiao. Sure, she's not pretty as a slug, but she's not wanting to win any beauty prize at that moment, is she? Just kill that fugly thing and get the key.

Her transforming into the slug monster matches with the news reporter at the beggining of the game, also it makes all the statements about the Kuei-Jin beign monsters and demons true.

Let's think this way. You have a key you must protect at all costs. All of your minios have been killed, and the killer stands right in front of you. Would you fight him with a sword or a gun just to look sexy or lady-like, or you would use a transformation into a killing machine, who is far more powerful and strong than your normal form, but it isn't sexy nor beautiful?

lol I always suspected that ,, Slug monster'' from the News was Ming Xiao, is this for real... Very Happy
I usually never pay attention to the news , exempt when I 'm playing Malkavians...then they're awesome lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:51 am

Scarecrow wrote:
YamiRaziel wrote:
If I was her, I would transform into a werewolf. That would be a smart decision considering you're fighting a vampire Smile

Scarecrow, I'm curious.... how did you find out about CE, these forums and TFN Smile

Vampires have been somewhat of a fascination to me since my early-to-middle childhood. But not in the sense of these empty-headed morons who believe in vampires - no, I was interested in vampiric folklore, biographies of real people that were believed to have become vampires after death (such as Vlad Dracula and Elizabeth Bathory), origin of beliefs and so on. During the years, I have collected hundreds of pages of literature on vampires - myths, legends, "strains" of vampirism in folklore and tales from different areas, religious milieu and times, interviews and articles by scholars of theology, mythology and so on, origin of the word "vampire" etc etc etc.

Of course, my fascination naturally led me to enjoy reading books, watching movies, and playing games that revolved around vampires and vampirism. And since, as we all know, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines is a masterpiece, it effortlessly grew to be my favorite.

Disappointed to find out that Troika Games went broke and that VTMB will not be continued, and previously familiar with the concept of fan mods from my experience with excellent fan-made mods for games such as Warcraft 3, Mount&Blade and The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and because I'm highly intelligent, I took the liberty of assuming that a marvelous game such as VTMB will undoubtedly have fan mods on its own, so I started looking for such. That's how I found websites in the line of Planet Vampire, I tried out different fan mods to further expand my gaming experience and joy of VTMB, and inevitably I bumped into a TFN preview. I clicked on a few links... And here I am.

Elizabeth Bathory, aww sh*t ....was'nt she that chick who used to bathe in the blood of virgins ? quote Skelter : some heavy shit brother Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
Childe of Munster
Ancillae
Ancillae
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:47 am

Lazarus wrote:
lol I always suspected that ,, Slug monster'' from the News was Ming Xiao, is this for real... Very Happy
All the times I've played, I never made that connection. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not too complicated ideas... I hope   Not too complicated ideas... I hope - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not too complicated ideas... I hope
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2