Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vampire the Masquerade: The Final Nights

Welcome to the official forum of The Final Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Santa Monica's new look

Go down 
+3
z.o.o.
Zer0morph
YamiRaziel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

Santa Monica's new look Empty
PostSubject: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:43 am

Okay guys, let's discuss here the new feeling, Zero is trying to bring to Santa Monica.
The Sunrise diner, Arthur's new beardcut and more

Personally, I like the changes. My opinion is that even if they are not such huge changes, they are certainly going to bring a lot to the new mod.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:15 am

I like this thread, oh and I should probably post pictures of the new signs I made in SM. I created a new sign for "The Smoke Shop", and for "A&B Kilpatrick's Bailbonds", as well as reskinning Arthur and giving him animations so he no longer stairs at the wall. Now he walks over the fridge and drinks a beer, then walks over to his computer and types, back and forth, it's much cooler. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Arthur's new beard cut? Where is the screenshot for that here? I would love to see his new quirks. The subtle addition of animations for NPCs enriches the nocturnal ambiance beyond measure. There is always something, "going bump in the night." Excellent, excellent, excellent, Zer0morph.

The screenshot in which both The Asylum and the Sunrise Diner signs are shown, clearly illustrates the need for imperfections in the typeface of and/or tarnish on the latter sign.
Back to top Go down
Kakodrilo
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kakodrilo

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:18 am

Great job with the "sunrise cafe"!

BTW, congrats for your new job, I hope you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kakodrilo.com
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:59 am

I hope Zer0 won't mind if I post these, since he posted them on PV.
Santa Monica's new look 11lpv6d
Santa Monica's new look 16j526r
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 am

I'm glad you guys like the new changes, I will see about getting screenshots of the new signs this weekend and posted here. Thanks for posting the Arthur pics, I decided to go with the original red shirt arthur, but shaved and lighter sunglasses, the blue shirt was just a little too over the top for me.

@Zoo

Are you saying the signs need to be "grittier"? The Asylum sign I haven't touched yet, but I have some plans of possibly changing the color hues around a little just to give it a new feel. The Sunrise Diner sign was given a little bit of grit but it's kind've hard to see from the street, but if you guys think I should "age" it further I can do that. Smile
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:51 am

Yes, you're right on Zer0morph. Grittier is the word. Next to the Asylum sign, the Sunrise Diner sign looks much too clean. Way to pick up on the need for a change in hue, you've got good artistic instincts. Maybe make it more green to portray the use of flourescent lighting or more orange to give the sign an incandescent feel. Whatever you decide to do in order to dirty up Sunrise Diner sign, I know you and your crack team will make sure it comes out looking bad-ass. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Arthur's new beardcut   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:04 am

Thanks for posting the screenshots YamiRaziel. I've an aversion to registering with Planet Vampire since, as a fan of these particular modders, this site is ultimately more useful.

I like the new beardcut. He's a little less cool and a little more of a social misfit, unaware of how much his huge face is like a caricature. His voice is mature, colorful and distinct. The kind of voice one would expect to accompany a face with some hair on it. There's an uncanny feeling I get from his naked, froggy face. This is the kind of guy that would work the graveyard shift at his own place.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 am

Zoo,

You may want to consider getting into writing, your sentence structures are very well done, I can tell you're intelligent. Do you do any writing in school or as a hobby? I will see what I can do about the Sunrise Diner sign to make it look older and worn down. I've been learning more about Alpha Channels in Photoshop which make or break a graphic's detail on this sorta thing. The more I use Photoshop to skin, the more I'm enjoying skinning as a whole.

If I knew more about Python scripting I'd be set!
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:24 am

Zer0morph wrote:
Zoo,

You may want to consider getting into writing, your sentence structures are very well done, I can tell you're intelligent. Do you do any writing in school or as a hobby? I will see what I can do about the Sunrise Diner sign to make it look older and worn down. I've been learning more about Alpha Channels in Photoshop which make or break a graphic's detail on this sorta thing. The more I use Photoshop to skin, the more I'm enjoying skinning as a whole.

If I knew more about Python scripting I'd be set!

Thanks, I've been mulling over the idea that I may want to be a little less casual in my commitment to writing.
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:37 pm

As promised, here are some of the other places in Santa Monica I've been working on, just to get some newness back into the game, which is why we're making TFN in the first place!

The NEW Bailbonds Sign
Santa Monica's new look W97jtv

New Animations for Arthur, like typing on the keyboard
Santa Monica's new look Qno9w1

Another new animation, Arthur drinking a beer
Santa Monica's new look 6877le

We decided to go with the shaved face and lightened glasses look, keeping the red shirt
Santa Monica's new look Fuxlhj

The NEW Smoke Shop sign
Santa Monica's new look 10yp7gy
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 am

Holy Guacamole, that's my old manager from Ace Hardware! If you ever saw him drink, you'ld swear his middle name was Bacchus. I'm already choking on the sweet stench of his artificial pancake syrup (we mortals would call piss) that he would leave to fester in the urinals. So overwhelmed am I, that I swear I can hear that most famous Paula Cole song over the intercom, "Where have this man's kidneys gaw-uh-haaaaaawwwn? The toilet, the toilet, the toilet, the toilet, the toilet..."

Zer0morph, I love the flourescent tubes and the knicked up typeface of the bail bonds sign. Now, if you could put an old tennis shoe sitting on its top as the result of a dare imposed on some little punk s**t who was out passed his curfew, that would be choice.

Thank God you used a seraph font. Though it should and does exist in small doses in this game, that sans-seraph, Helvetica-type crap is so played out in the real world.

Last edited by z.o.o. on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:57 am

HAHA, glad you like it!! LOL
Back to top Go down
SoniMax
Neonate
Neonate
SoniMax

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Noooooooooooo, Arthur looks even more ugly.
He was better before. But the other things are good. LoL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:49 pm

In my opinion he is a lot better now. He brings a feeling of newness in the game Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:59 am

Well, the idea was to bring newness to the game and I think we achieved that with Arthur's new look. However I can understand if you don't like the new look, fortunately changing him back to his original look is as easy as going into \Vampire\Materials\..... and deleting the arthur directory.

I know some people will like some of the changes while others won't, and since we can't please everyone all the time we won't even try. Just know that taking a skin, whether it be eye colors, clothing, skin, hair, whatever back to the original is always as easy as deleting the directory.
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:54 am

I find all these graphic adjustments awesome but then as Zero mentioned, some people might have a different taste about the art works... It improves the immersion into the game universe which is a very good thing for RPG. Smile
Back to top Go down
SoniMax
Neonate
Neonate
SoniMax

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:53 am

the old arthur used to bring stupidity and fun in the game now he looks more cold hearted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Was it hard to make him move around and drink beer? Can you create more animations to the rest of the NPCs in the game?
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Ancillae
Ancillae
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:29 am

ye Olde Smoke shoppe Very Happy love it haha Very Happy brilliant

Santa Monica should have more bums to feed on, because IRL it's bum paradise in L.A Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Skibbaaa
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder
Zer0morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:06 am

YamiRaziel wrote:
Was it hard to make him move around and drink beer? Can you create more animations to the rest of the NPCs in the game?

Actually it's pretty easy to do, and I do plan on creating alot more animations for many more NPCs, it's just a matter of finding time to do it after everything else that needs doing, lol.

Lazarus wrote:
ye Olde Smoke shoppe Very Happy love it haha Very Happy brilliant

Santa Monica should have more bums to feed on, because IRL it's bum paradise in L.A Smile Razz

Actually my plan is to repopulate the map with extra pedestrians on the streets to make feeding even tougher. This includes bums, hookers, regular people, etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica's new look   Santa Monica's new look I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa Monica's new look
Page 1 of 1