Comments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kakodrilo
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Comments   Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 pm

I thought of starting a new thread to comment recent develpments. If moderators do not think this should be in this section, please relocate.

The serpentis discipline is awesome! every new discipline showed is just great. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kakodrilo.com
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Thanks for the input! And yes this is the correct section. I've been posting the same pictures at planetvampire.com and some of the veteran Bloodlines fans have been commenting on what minor changes should happen.

Such as, someone just pointed out the "Beating Heart" should be renamed as Vampire's hearts don't beat, lol. I asked for suggestions on what to call it instead so we'll see, I'm open to suggestions on pretty much everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thefinalnights.darkbb.com
PhilK1988
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Rofl, that must be some kind of hardcore fan Smile I really don't care how it's called in the end. But I've still a suggestion, how about the somethinh more or less not creativ but accurate like "The unbeating heart" or "(Dead) Serpents (or Asp's) Heart"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:42 pm

as i've already pointed out on PV, you shouldn't carry it around, but keep it at some save (?) place like your haven.
Why not just call it seths heart?

- geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:06 pm

I don't really care either honestly, it works so I'm happy. I do want it to be something simple though, like "Heart of Set" or something like that.

Childe,

Nice picture btw, lol. I originally had planned to allow the user to store the heart but then I thought about why, whats the purpose of doing that. As soon as you cancel the power or go into dialogue the heart automatically goes back into your body, plus you drop to only 1 blood point and you can't use disciplines while it's out. Which of course would be frustrating if your heart is back at your haven safe, and your stuck in the Warrens and you want to use blood heal or any other discipline, but can't.

So ya I thought about it and just made it unremovable for gameplay sake.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 pm

O.K.
but what is the difference if you carry it arond in the inventory or if you have it in your chest? It's meant to be secured at some place save. Even if you go to the end of the world.

- geek

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:21 pm

The only difference is that if you carry it on your person, then you can put it back in at anytime. If you have it safe and secure at a remote location, then you wouldn't have access to it easily.

Believe me I do see what your saying, and in the PnP RPG game the bloodloss and discipline restrictions don't apply, so it's better to hide it in a remote safe location, unfortunately I had to adapt it to Bloodlines using the old Source engine so I was a bit limited. I had to of course make some changes to make it work within the Bloodlines game, and I knew nobody in there right mind would want to hide their heart knowing that they can't use disciplines while it's missing.

For RPs I could see them possibly hiding it, though it would be a pain in the ass to run back and get it everytime you wanted to Bloodheal or use a discipline to pick a lock, or hell just use disciplines in combat in general.
Back to top Go down
PhilK1988
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:48 am

You did the right thing, everything else would just not be playable for most people. Those who want to RP it can pretend that they put it somewhere save. I mean if every rule of the PnP would apply, the game would look totally different anyways. In games you just have to compromise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Mon May 03, 2010 6:19 am

Hey Zero, what's going on with TFN? Anything new you want to share with us?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Mon May 03, 2010 10:40 am

Here's a quick update...

Wife has been all over me about some marital problems so alot of my time has been dedicated to keeping my marriage together. Thats been the biggest slow down on TFN. Then if that wasn't enough, I spent time getting rid of the True Brujah and replacing them with the Assamites, then last night my primary harddrive just suddenly died and I couldn't recover the information. I lost everything I did for the Assamite/True Brujah replacement so now I'm super pissed.

I backed up everything I had done with TFN prior to the clan replacement so nothing is lost but that, but still it put me back 3 days worth of work. Once I get everything back in order which is happening right now as we speak, then I will knock out Tier 5 of Thanatosis and release the pictures.

Then I plan on going back and re-doing the Assamite/Brujah replacement...

As far as disciplines go, I have some major tweaks left with Valeren then I will be done with that, and I'll need to create Quietus. Once those 2 are done then the discipline side will finally be completed. Next major task on my list is skinning all of the PC models, which I'm getting some help on from Shacar and Sthein.

Once that is done then it's on too.... Dialogue, oh my. Sad
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Mon May 03, 2010 4:14 pm

I know the feeling when you lose something you've put a lot of efford into. It sucks.
I think that disciplines are the easiest part of the TFN mod., probably because you are just too good and they are not a challenge for you Very Happy
Dialogues on the other hand are going to be extremely difficult. If you need help with them just say Smile
Do you plan to create new quests? If you do, are you going to add them as side quests or are you going to try to change the story to a more suitable one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Mon May 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Ya it definately sucked, trying to figure out exactly how I did stuff is going to be a huge pain. I guess that will teach me to backup everything each and every day, I was only backing up every few days before.

Thanks for the compliments on the disciplines, I wish they were as easy as you say, I'm running out of ideas HAHA!

Yea I predict Dialogues being the most time consuming part of TFN too. Childe of Malkav and I have been talking about creating additional Society of Leopold side quests, I really enjoyed the vanilla ones and would like to expand on the hunter vs kindred idea. The main story will most likely stay as is, for now at least. I'm not the best when it comes to python scripting and thats what it takes to create new extensive quests. We'll see, if Burgermeister and/or Childe want to dive deep into that for TFN, I would be more than happy to incorporate that into the overhaul.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Mon May 03, 2010 6:28 pm

If you have an idea for a quest, I can try to get the scripting done , and help you with the dialogues as well. But please don't expect too much from me. I'm not the best of programmers (far from that, really). And I hope I've done a solid job on CE 1.3, so i don't have to spend all my free time on support duty there.

- geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Actually the scripting I've seen you do in the past is more than enough to do everything I would want, your a genius as far as I'm concerned and you picked it up so quickly, amazing!

I'll probably contact you once I get the Thanatosis done so we can talk about possible side quest expansions for TFN, I'm so excited!
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Tue May 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Childe of Malkav I as well think that you are doing amazing work. I couldn't even understand when you showed up and started modding. You seem to be a very fast learner and for that and for your commitment to CE I congratulate you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 am

Thanks Yami,

I really appreciate your compliments. sunny Hopefully everything will work as planned and the changes don't upset game balance.
I'll stay in touch, but I don't think, I'll start work at 1.4 right now.

- geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Tue May 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Is the Obeah discipline giving the player a third eye? If not is it possible to be made?
Since the 1 tier of Obeah is kinda similar to Auspex... do you something new planned for auspex or any of the (old) passive disciplines?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Tue May 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Well with Auspex, you can actually see auras and see through objects as well as get some substanial bonuses that affect Ranged and Defense feats. With Obeah, yes you can see in the dark and see auras but you can't see through objects, and the bonuses deal alot more with healing, soaking, and "Wrath of Heaven" is actually offensive.

As a Salubri you will get both Auspex and Obeah by default (and Fortitude) which makes for a nearly impossible character to kill if built right. I played with a lvl 5 Auspex/Obeah character just to see how it would work, and it's pretty insane the defensive capabilities and being able to see through walls can make you a ranged badass.

The third eye will probably be the bane of this discipline, I've tried every which way to incorporate a glowing blue ember or eye particle near the characters forehead without success. The closed eye will be part of the PC skin so that will always be there, but for now, until I can figure out a way to make a non-cheesy glowing aura that sticks to the forehead, we will be third eye-less.

I will see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Hempel
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Wed May 12, 2010 3:34 pm

I know how to make NPCs 'cast' spells.
but first of all I'm sorry if you don't understand everything i write. English is just my second language.

It's some work with python and i must admit that I'm still struggeling with this. ( I'll explain my problem soon. )
1) open "the-python-file-that-belongs-to-the-place-where-you-want-the-caster-to-be.py".
2) open the desired map, place that badass somewhere.
3) create a scripted_sequence => if you chose a Tremere i recommend using "tremere_spell2" ( animation ) /// or if nos => nos howl animation - looks cool if you want the nos to cast animalism.
if the chosen model has no special animations you can use holy_light_idle.
4)back to python....
let the scripted_sequence begin and choose how you want to torture the PC:
def Castspell()
Find("Tremere_Cast_Spell").BeginSequence()
PlayerBleedingEyes()

5) if you want to change the PC's Schedule you need to create a PcClone and immobilize the player.
def PlayerBleedingEyes():

if not __main__.FindEntityByName("pcClone"):
pevents = __main__.FindEntitiesByClass("events_player")
if len(pevents) > 0: pevents[0].ImmobilizePlayer()
pc=__main__.FindPlayer()
pc.Bloodloss(1)
pcClone=__main__.CreateEntityNoSpawn("npc_VHuman",pc.GetOrigin(),pc.GetAngles())
pcClone.SetName("pcClone")
pcClone.SetModel("models/null.mdl")
__main__.CallEntitySpawn(pcClone)
pcClone = __main__.FindEntityByName("pcClone")
if pcClone:
pcClone.SetParent("!player")
pcClone.SetOrigin(pc.GetOrigin())
pcClone.SetAngles(pc.GetAngles())
pcClone.SetModel(pc.model)
pc.SetModel("models/null.mdl")
__main__.ScheduleTask(0.1,"BleedingEyesHelper()")

6) choose a schedule
def BleedingEyesHelper(thread=0):

if 0 == thread:
__main__.FindEntityByName('pcClone').ChangeSchedule('SCHED_TROIKA_DO_BLOODYEYE_ACTIVITY')
__main__.ScheduleTask(4.0,"BleedingEyesHelper(1)")
elif 1 == thread:
__main__.FindEntityByName('pcClone').ChangeSchedule('SCHED_TROIKA_DISORIENTED')
__main__.ScheduleTask(2.0,"BleedingEyesHelper(2)")
else:
pcClone = __main__.FindEntityByName("pcClone")
pc=__main__.FindPlayer()
pc.SetModel(pcClone.model)
pcClone.ClearParent()
pevents = __main__.FindEntitiesByClass("events_player")
if len(pevents) > 0: pevents[0].MobilizePlayer()
pcClone.Kill()

You can also create a timer within the map file to make sure that the npc is not 'casting' the whole day and never taking a break.

This is all very confusing, right? Well, I didn't find this out all on my own. I learned it by reading the files of the true mastermind ... Burgermeister01 !!
I wonder why nobody remembers his Ventrue quest. For this quest he put an assamite at the s.m. pier. Burgermeister made the player vomit that way !!!
So, if you have questions you should ask him.

About my problem...
As soon as I enter my test map the npc begins to cast. No matter how far I walk away. My test map is hw_ash_sewer_1 and the Tremere is at the other end of the map ( where you have to kill the last two hunters normally ). It's probably just a little detail. Maybe you can help me .

However, I hope that helped. Again, Burgermeister01 is the genius. I just learned it from him/ his mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 am

I hope this will help Zer0 with the casting issue Smile
Zer0, how many disciplines still have to be done?
What are you going to start next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Thu May 13, 2010 10:03 pm

This is something I will look at further AFTER we get the disciplines and skinning done. I appreciate the post!

The only discipline left is Quietus, the rest are done.

After creating Thanatosis I had to destroy Blood Form which messed up the Blood Guardian boss. Which is fine because I already had ideas of changing that boss into something more... Dark. I've always had a heart for Wrath: The Oblivion so I got rid of the Blood Guardian altogether and created my own "Shade" as the boss you fight in the Gallery. I spent 2 days on him and I must say he's alot of fun to fight. I'll see if I can get a video put up on youtube so everyone can see.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Fri May 14, 2010 10:36 am

That's sound intriguing Smile I'm looking forward to seeing the new Wrath boss fight Smile
So Quietus is the only discipline left ? As far as I can judge you are working extremely fast, so I guess it won't take long to finish the last discipline.
You said you are going to do some skinning. Do you have anything in mind?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hempel
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Sat May 15, 2010 6:59 am

Have you ever heard about Cropsepaint...?
Hehehe
Would be cool to have this as a Baali^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Quietus   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:51 pm

The miniature floating sigil is reminiscent of the new Seattle's Best Coffee logo. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0morph
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Comments   Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 am

HAHA nice, what floating sigil is this that you speak of? scratch

Didn't you know Wraiths love coffee??? geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments